9:35 PM

...and counting

This time it was a slow and smooth ending to a year of many ups and downs. I managed to finish the year off with an up and down in the same day J. Talent I say!

Most of you who know me know of my roller coaster rides, and I thank you for being there for me.

For the first time in all these years I actually fell asleep before my b-day. So much so that when my folks called they were more than surprised that I was snoozing! My dad asked where’s the party happening and I replied in someone else’s house. The darling had actually called me at 10.30 and asked me what my plans are for bringing in the day. Of course I had no plans.

But I enjoyed the day. No rushing about, no tiredness, a lot of me-time (like I didn’t have enough of that already but this was a totally different and pleasant me-time altogether), and at the end of the day I realized that I spent most of the day answering calls and responding to texts.

And I mean almost the entire day. Spoke at length with those who called, many of who I connected with after a really long time. So it felt good to re-establish contacts. And it felt really really good to respond to texts in a systematic and unrushed manner, without much delay J. Considering that I’m way too lazy for my own good, I mark that as an achievement!

The power of the internet and social networking reminders unleashed a bunch of posts, scraps, messages and some mails. What would we do without that!

All in all, I loved the easy lazy Sunday – filled with voices, words, thoughts, action, punctuated with litres of self-wine, some yummilicous ‘chocolate celebrations’ cake and lotsa lotsa love that I felt throughout the day from all corners.

I am now 30 years and 367 days old.
God bless!

0 comments: