3:54 PM

chic-flick ers

The other day I thought to myself that over the last few years, I seem to tag-team with a ‘certain’ friend to do ‘something’ ‘some time’ all the time! Not that it gets done. But the hope is there that some day we will do it and in a strange way it makes sure that the connection is never severed.

This is one such tag-team account.

There is a certain allure in a sleepover, with chick talk, chick flick and chick-comfort-food in absolute relaxed guards-down ambience….(assuming that it’s a gang of girls. Throw in some boys and it’s a different ball game :-))

Madhuri and I have been planning to have one of those sleepovers for a long time. Every time we see or read something chick (and chic) we text or mail each other so that its added to our ever growing list of things to do during the sleepover.

I was always told that one makes the strongest of bonds during the ‘education’ days – skool and college. The first few places where I worked I realized that that held some truth. I could never find anyone I could remotely connect with or carry on a relationship outside of an office or professional setting. Until Aditi.

M is one such ex-A and is now away in the US of A pursuing her masters in biz admin and enjoying being pursued. Somehow when we least expected it we clicked. That info should suffice for now. Back to the message of this post.

For our M & Yum sleepover, I thought I should list our chick flicks so that once we settle on the choices and the availability at the DVD store, we are all chick-ed up and aww-ing and sighing away the nite.

1. Notting Hill
2. A Walk in the Clouds
3. When Harry met Sally
4. Gone with the Wind
5. Fried Green Tomatoes
6. PS I love You
7. Beaches
8. Steel Magnolias
9. Pretty Woman
10. Sweet Home Alabama
11. The Holiday
12. 27 Dresses
13. Terms of Endearment
14. Mermaids
15. The Joy Luck Club
16. Before Sunrise
17. Waiting to Exhale
18. Up Close and Personal
19. City of Angels
20. Horse Whisperer
21. Erin Brockovich
22. My Big Fat Greek Wedding
23. Love Actually
24. 50 First Dates
25. The Notebook
26. The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants

And this list includes flicks we want to repeat watch, get all soppy and re-believe in xxx (you fill in the blanks. Yep – that’s exactly what I think too)

Watch out for the couch version of chicks on flicks.
& M, methinks that we have a long nite ahead of us! So we better stack up on the wine and popcorn.

Was this one too many chicks?

3 comments:

Kanchan said...

Just when I thought I had seen them all !!! You've popped a couple of new ones on my list too :)
Btw, there is something about these movies that every time one of these plays on TV, I can't seem to "not" watch it. Sweet Home Alabama is playing for the last couple of months and I am really tired of watching it. But when I try to change channels... nothing else seems as good as this one ;)

vx said...

K, i completely agree with you. And i think i left out some more...maybe in time i shall do a sequel post :D

Maddie said...

Vj!! Finally got to reading this one! Just the thought of watching these movies makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside :D Need to add a few more to the list
-Because I said so
-While you were sleeping
-The lake house
-13 going on 30
-Sweet November
-Dying young

I will add more to the list soon..But I think we've got most of it in order.I really hope this plan works..