8:09 PM

Soles for the soul.

Love is blind. It truly is. I’ve been down that road over and over and over. Before you think about my headcount, you’d better stop and start feet count.

Let’s not run around and wear the feet or soles or souls out. I’m talking about shoes here. I love shoes. I have too many of them. It is a violent love affair.

When I slip on a pair of shoes and strut around in the showroom and realize that my feet look good in them, I immediately fall in love with them. And therefore immediately get blinded by the love…and then the big day comes when I proclaim to the whole world that I’m in love. In the beginning it seems fine, then as the hours go by – bam – it hits me…what a big mistake. And it pinches and hurts in all the wrong places! And messes up the entire day.

So I bought these pair of black pointed heeled pumps. They looked good as is and on my feet, even better. I think I was just so kicked with the fact that I found a really nice looking pair of shoes that actually fit me well and goes with all my clothes that I didn’t look beyond…(don’t we all do that sometimes..and not just when it comes to shoes :D)…I have very small feet. There’s a joke that goes around among a few of my friends… “how do your feet balance your body” (go figure J)…back to my love affair.

And it was priced so right that I swept it up without second thoughts…when I walked around the shoestore, I felt like I commanded the entire world and everyone was looking upto me. Power. And sexiness. The things I can do with that point. Yep, that’s what I felt.

And then, warped-ol-me decided to bring them out on a very big day at work. When I needed to be walking around and be on my feet from 8am right till 11pm. Our CFO was visiting and I was coordinating a whole lot of programmes and the running the evening show for the who’s who…with sore feet.

I mean it started off very well…I drove to work and when I stepped out of the car – glitch #1: it started slipping off…suddenly it seemed as if the shoes were a wee-bit big for me…then after sometime, glitch #2: I realized pains that I haven’t felt before…stuffed some tissue into the shoe so that they don’t slip off (imagine falling face first in front of someone important)…managed to get through the day. glitch #3: and the amount of clicking and clacking it made on the uncarpeted floors…jeez..made me want to disappear…as you can expect I decided to choose when to walk and where to walk to…needless to say by the end of the day, the minute the bigger of the who’s who walked out of the evening programme, out came the shoes and I was free!

My poor feet felt alive and blessed to be out of the torture. I walked around the leela barefeet, drove barefeet, soaked my barefeet in a tub of hot water, creamed and caressed them, and went to bed feeling happy that at the end of the day they were pampered enough that they don’t turn on me. Though I did yearn for a foot massage ;)

Learning #1: really, pay attention to the comfort of the shoe. Screw the heel and the feeling of power/sexiness that comes with it. Choose wisely, buy carefully.
Learning #2: really, don’t wear new shoes on a really important day. Run them in first!!!
Learning #3: really, if you have to wear new shoes on a big day, plaster your weak spots to protect against shoebites
Learning #4: really, your day can be so messed up physically and mentally, if you are not wearing comfortable footwear…you don’t feel good enough to do anything! And everything goes for a toss, especially the missed opportunities
Learning #5: really, there is nothing like the comfort of old shoes, old wine and old friends.

Must listen to New-Shoes crooner Palo Nutini more carefully now…try and figure out what he really means… :D

0 comments: