9:12 PM

that difference

“…it meant so much to me. It was like seeing you my b’day was complete…”
Small contribution, big significance – for me and Mili.

Ever since the new job, I’ve been extremely busy that I’ve only received complaints from all and sundry – even my folks. Of course, everyone who knows is happy that I’m where I am and this is my break, but seems like that’s the only place I am at all the time.
That or my couch.

Mili and I used to talk everyday when she was in blr and almost every other day when she moved to Chennai. Those were the days. Now I find that some times I don’t text back or return calls for days together. It’s not something I am proud of, but that’s whats happening now. And I wish I could time manage myself better.

Again, those who know me, know that vista of me too!

Anyway, for a long time I didn’t see any communiqué from M, and I knew she was mighty upset and titting for tat. So I decided that since her b’day fell on a Sunday I’d surprise her with a visit. Executed the plan with help from a colleague and P. It couldn’t have been more perfect. The look on her face was worth it.

I was in Chennai for 24 hours and the whole family (P, M & J) spent almost all the precious time with moi. I only slept for 4-5 hours. The bonding happened with M & J. J remembered some of the nasty tricks I had taught him the last time I spent time with him (back in april), and I warmed up. BTW, M says the minute he reaches the age of ‘reckoning’, she’s keeping J far far far away from me J, lest V-aundy introduces him to the birds and bees before he ‘needs’ to know.

I left Chennai with a happy heart, refreshed with my change of scene and activities, renewed relationships and knowing that I made a difference to one of my best friend’s is-special day. And I felt good. Yep.

What a differenence. A mere thought, action or word can do.

To all my friends. Our time will come, and when it does I hope I’ll be able to make that difference.

0 comments: